The Mobility Grant Programme is a funding opportunity for the archive community to participate in activities directed at the preservation and exploitation of European cultural heritage and enabled by the EU-funded project “community as opportunity. the creative archives’ and users’ network”. The programme’s goals in essence are:
- Overcoming barriers in international archival cooperation caused by travel costs
- Improvement of international communication and cooperation among archives and related institutions on a personal and professional level
- Creating opportunities for getting acquainted with foreign methods of work and technologies, and therefore learning from others
- Setting impulses in order to establish or strengthen international cooperation projects among archives and releated institutions
You will find the Mobility application form at the end of this page. Please read through the information below first and make sure you have understood the Rules of Reimbursement.
Eligible actions in detail:
- Attendance of archive-related conferences and workshops in Europe
- Participation at international meetings dealing with the international cooperation of archives
- Research or work stays in archives or archive-related institutions up to a duration of 2 weeks
Target groups are:
- Archivists or persons working in European archives
- Personnel of archive-related institutions like universities or scientific institutes
- Students and lay researchers
Eligible costs are:
- Travel costs (reasonably priced transportation, please see “Rules of Reimbursement” for details on maximum amounts)
- Accommodation expenses
- The submission of applications can be done at any time – you will be notified via E-Mail about the decision regarding acceptance/rejection, amount and means of support concerning your application.
- Please NOTE: There are fixed deadlines for certain events, which need to be abided by, in order to receive a mobility grant.
- To garantuee a smooth and successful mobility grant experience, we would like to ask every applicant to clarify aspects like duration of stay, possible work tasks, accommodation options etc., if possible prior to the application.
Only for research- or work- stays longer than 7 days in other institutions:
- During the stay it is taken for granted that the guest will abide by the regulations and laws of the respective host institution (e.g. working hours, safety regulations, etc.)
- Furthermore we ask every applicant to submit a short report about the visit upon finalization of the stay.