3100 St. Pölten
The current act of wars in Syria and Iraq post a devastating threat to the region’s cultural heritage, thus to the written archival records.
The ICARUS network consisting of more than 170 archival and academic institutions from all over the world shows solidarity with the colleagues that are relentlessly working on safe-guarding this cultural heritage in the current menacing circumstances.
This workshop aims at facilitating exchange between representatives from the ICARUS network and colleagues from Iraq on current developments and possibilities for future projects and cooperation. Engaging the latter into the activities of ICARUS and its members will offer the opportunity to become part of this community and thus profit from and take part in international knowledge and experience exchange as well as specific projects.
- Najib Michael (Dominican Fathers Church, Paris): The rescue of archives and libraries in Mosul
- Patriarch Louis Sako (Chaldean-catholic church, Baghdad)
- Bishop Shlemon Warduni (Chaldean-catholic church, Baghdad)
- István Kenyeres (Budapest City Archives, HU)
- Patricia Engel (Danube University Krems, AT)